Tuesday, June 13, 2017

After spending the last year (Yeek!) on the GSoC and on the cleanup of DungeonMaster, Lost Eden and the epic Plumbers Don't Wear Ties!, I'm now busy on a Top Sikrit project with TMM. TMM badly wanted to work on a FMV game engine, and I had (what a surprise) suggestions... :)

During the past two weeks, TMM made wonders on undocumented opcodes of the MVE format and I spent this time on the hardcoded logic, because I'm masochist :) In order to give an idea of the progress so far, I have reversed the logic group 1, 2 and 4 (out of 4).

We started an engine in a currently private branch a couple of days ago, and I even managed to fix my first bug in the common code (which I usually don't touch to avoid a disaster), in the IFF decoder :)

So the first screen of the game is now showing properly!

Don't ask me which game it is, I won't tell it. It's Top-Sikrit.

No comments:

Post a Comment