Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Some news about obscure games...

It's been a while I haven't posted something about what I'm doing... So here it is.

There's nothing new concerning Kingdom: The Far Reaches. I'm still waiting for a hand with the MVE player, and TMM (who implemented the MVE missing opcodes in ffmpeg) is still super super busy. So, well, let's consider it's rotting. :(

I made some very small progress on Adventures of Robin Hood (lilliput engine) on the sound, but it's still very imperfect. To implement it, I think I should add a mixer, we'll see...

More recently, let's say a week ago or so, I started documenting Escape From Hell. I currently have half of the functions renamed and most of the structures. I'm not really sure it'll be an engine for ScummVM as it doesn't use a mouse, but it's fun to make good progress on something I vaguely looked at more than 10 years ago. At the time, I guessed the compression format, picture format, and enough of the maps and monsters to display maps. I even brute forced the encryption...

All that is now far more clear with an eye in the binary :)

Ho, I forgot to mention: Escape From Hell is using a modified Wasteland engine, in case it rings a bell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment