Friday, August 23, 2019

New Side Activity - Dark Things

As I never manage to stay calm and as I currently don't have an engine I'm actively working on, I started a couple of days ago a new side activity: Translating to French an indie game called "Dark Things - Detective Quest", which is available on Apple Store and Google Play.






This game caught my interest for several good reasons (an adventure game with big pixels, what else?). The chapters are quite short but they are fun and the scenario is pretty good imho.

At first, I essentially reported a couple of missing translations (the team is Russian), but I quickly proposed to work on the French translation and they accepted :) I guess during the process I'll also challenge the English translation which is perfectible.

The result is not yet visible as the team is currently focused on Chapter 4, but here is my progress so far:

Menu, character names, etc: Done
Chapter 1: First pass done, waiting to be able to test it in the game to fix the last issues
Chapter 2: Not yet started
Chapter 3: Not yet started
Xmas special: Not yet started

No comments:

Post a Comment